Friday, October 15, 2004

Quit wasting my time...

Well Aldi's was a complete waste of time. The ad in the newspaper was totally misleading, plus there were at least 30 people there in line the whole time I was there. Half of them looked like they were on welfare, and the other half looked like stay at home moms. Ah well, back to square one. I wasn't really looking that forward to working in a grocery store, so it's no big thing.

I got the Thelonius Monk documentary, Straight No Chaser, yesterday and watched part of it. I definitely dig that guy. If any of you like documentaries or jazz at all, you should watch it. Or if you like huge black guys that are half insane from drug use. Sidenote: Benicio DelToro's character is the Usual Suspects mumbles a line during the move "I'll flip ya, I'll flip ya for real." That line is actually taken from Monk in Straight No Chaser. And it's said exactely the same way. I actually heard that Del Toro loosely based his character, or at least his characters speech on Thelonius Monk.

Almost time for the weekend, thank God. Which means that I don't have to drive to Winnebago and back twice a day anymore. Except maybe once more on Monday, but we'll see. It should be a good weekend. I'm hoping some of y'all will be around, it will be good to see people again.

Well, I'm off. Call me if your in town this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home