Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Note to self:

New records that I will most likely buy:

Elliott Smith - From A Basement On The Hill
Tom Waits - Real Gone
R.E.M. - Around The Sun
Brian Wilson - Smile (Thanks for your report Brian, if you read this)
Leonard Cohen - Dear Heather
Elvis Costello and the Imposters - Delivery Man
The Black Keys
Green Day - American Idiot
Kasey Chambers
The Strokes - Live In London
Johnny Cash - American Recordings V
Chris Robinson & New Earth Mud - This Magnificent Distance
Beck - ??? Supposedly out Oct. 26

Other Records I Still Need To Get

Johnny Cash - My Mother's Hymnal, American Recordings I-V


I got the new Polyphonic Spree cd "Together We're Heavy" and it's really damn good. Well, let me amend that, its good. It's really good for listening to it when you're doing other stuff... It's not really a driving record... Maybe a good cd to have on when you're cleaning, or at a barbecue, or party. It's better than what I heard of the old stuff. But it's really good. And I never realized it was the guy from Tripping Daisy. Tim DeLaughter. That's a funny last name, especially since his band is so happy. But the best thing is that there is a DVD that came with it, and they all seem much less weird after watching an interview with DeLaughter. Plus, they have some bonus live video, and my friend from Rock Valley, Matt Bethel, is in it. He's in the crowd, and it cuts to a full shot of him with a big grin. That was crazy. What other cd's should I get that aren't on my list? Supposedly Oasis, Tom Petty, Ash, The Strokes, and Foo Fighters have new cd's coming out early 2005. And Chinese Democracy.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Michael and Tessa said...

Paul what is up? I come to your website everyday and no new posts. You feeling alright? Your little woman hasn't been wearing you out with all that sex, has she?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home