Thursday, October 14, 2004

#257 Radiohead- Pablo Honey

The first day is easy. I love this record. It's the only Radiohead record I've actually bought. Not that the other stuff isn't good... It's just I never was in to them enough to think about it when I'm out buying records... There's a couple of great things that this record evokes for me...

#1 Sometime ago, Dan McMahon played in a band with Jared Cacciatore, Stan Valulus(?), and Aaron Biby I think... They played at first free and Jared sang "Creep" without the "fucking" obviously... He was pretty good at it.

#2 I remember seeing Radiohead on MTV a long ass time ago and they played "Anyone Can Play Guitar" and then Thom jumped into a pool, all "grunged out" with DocMartins, jeans, and I think a fleece on... It was funny.

Anyways, this record is great. Pretty much every song. I don't care what anyone says... Even if Creep is the only Radiohead song people know and it was overplayed and blah blah blah, it's a really damn good song. Sleeper hits... I don't know what would be considered sleepers on this record... It didn't really get much mainstream popularity except Creep and Anyone Can Play Guitar... Stop Whispering is really a pretty song that I don't think of automatically when I think about this record...

The artwork is pretty cool on this record... Thom Yorke was way ahead of everyone else, as the first picture of the band he's sporting some "bomber" sunglasses way back in 1993. Otherwise, they look pretty normal. The next picture of the band makes them look kinda like U2*, which is weird.

Funny tid-bit: On the back cover, there is a "nighttime street scene"... One of the adds on one of the buildings reads as follows...

"BIG ALL NEW LAUGHING REVUE
EARL CARROLL SKETCH BOOK
WITH MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN WORLD"


*I've never purchased, owned, or downloaded a U2 record, as I don't like them that much. I've never purchased, owned, or downloaded a VanHalen record either, just so you know.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Remember when we had that underground LHS Paper that never came out? 1.I wrote some funny stuff for that. 2.My code name was Lurgee, another standout. That one's probably my favorite from that record.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home