Friday, June 03, 2005

They will see us falling from such great covers

I guess it's been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. And to think I just lured more readers in here. Well, I'm back.

A few things have happened since I last posted.

1. Salad Week didn't go so well. I got through one night. I know, I know. But I did eat vegetables twice more in the past week as well, which is three times more than the last year combined. So that's improvement.

2. Sarah and I found a new apartment. Ours is real nice, but real expensive, and we want to not be broke the whole time. Thing is, I really like the one we found. And... there's a pretty good possibility that we will be able to be the apartment managers for our building and one next to it. Nothing major, changing light bulbs, making sure the hallways are clean, letting people in when they lock themselves out. But if we do get it, we will get rent for free. It's not 100% yet, but theres a good chance. So we're going to be signing a lease Saturday and then move in at the end of the month, hopefully the weekend before actually. It will be beginning of July before we know about the apartment manager thing, but I have faith everything will work out for the best.

3. I saw Garden State. I guess I knew it'd be really good. I guess that made me take so long to watch it. It was really good. Real good. Great music. Great dialogue. Great movie. Zach Braff is the new John Cusack. The Iron & Wine cover of the Postal Services'* "Such Great Heights" is great. I might like it better than the original. Wow. I want to watch it again right now. But I'm at work and I can't.

So that's that. Six days before we come to Rockford for the Wedding. Gotta buy a gift. Gotta confirm that I will be at the rehearsal dinner, though I have no choice being that I'm in the wedding. Otherwise, that's about it for news.

*I want to like The Postal Service. I do. I like Give Up. But I'm getting a little tired of all these "singles" and shit. Put out another record, or don't. But don't recycle the same songs. Iron & Wine has put out two albums and a dozen singles, but it's new stuff. I guess part of my frustration is that people clammer all over The Postal Service but they aren't really doing anything worth constant clammering. But that could just be me.

P.S. I also want to like Death Cab. But I don't really. Maybe I have something against Ben Gibbard. I have three Death Cab records, but I don't listen to them all that much. Something's just missing there for me. But since I do have some DcFc stuff on my iPod, I will give another chance today. It's not like I hate them, I just don't get a whole lot from them.

5 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger MR. A said...

we dont need to know if your coming we do already know that but we need to know what you are eating otherwise we will just give you a nice big salad.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Yeah. I'll let you know Groom. So, what do you want for your wedding? A dragon... A sword... A DRAGONSWORD? An elf? An ELVENDRAGONSWORD? That'd be so sweet.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Danny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Danny said...

So I gotta say that for some reason it just doesn't seem right that Mr. A here is talking about "Crate and Barrel" and "Marshal Fields." Where oh where has my youth gone?
Paul, too bad about the salad week. I was paying attention and I feel as though I have failed you, for in the end you were only posting about it so that you could get a little support. Well I support you. As well as the Japanese Manga business; just last week I was in an okonomiyaki shop (really tasty shit) when I saw some old Manga titled "Salad Days." I picked it up and thought of ya...but in the end it was really just some trash for school girls...you know, lots of small mouths/big eyes (usually crying) and then big mouths/small eyes (with lots of giddy expressions surrounding the character(s)).
Good times...does Nippons have okonomiyaki? Because if they did that would be great...do they have yaki soba? Now I'm hungry...

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Marcus,
In defense of your manhood (balls), it's your wedding too. If I could have found an Elvendragonsword, I would have got it for you for your wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home