Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Salad Week Day -1

So let me go ahead and explain salad week.

Those of you who know me well know that I do not eat vegetables. It's not cause I want to be fat. I just never have eaten them. I gag when I try and they are not the slightest bit appealing to me. I do know that this is bad, and for my health and to lose weight, I know this has to change. Therefore, I am initiating Salad Week. The rules for Salad Week are this...

1. Talk about Salad Week. This way people will keep me in check and make sure that I haven't been cheating.
2. Dinner is a salad with grilled chicken, a little cheese, some dressing and any vegetables.
3. Lunch and breakfast still have to be fairly healthy. In as far as I can't get enough junk food at breakfast and lunch to make me not be hungry at dinner time.

My thought behind it is this: Can 23 years of tastes be changed in one week. I think so. By essentially "force feeding" myself salad/veggies to keep from starving, my body will be forced to become accustomed to them. I'm guessing the first day or two will probably be me gagging down as few vegetables as possible. Around day 4 I hope to be eating them without much problem, and by day 7 to be enjoying my salads/veggies. There is always the possibilities that I will have to go to one of two drastic measures to succeed and make me a rabbit food eating fool.

1. Extend Salad Week to be Salad Two Weeks, or even Salad Month, whatever it takes.
2. Make Salad Week also apply to lunch. Meaning breakfast could be some cereal or a bagel, but then all I can eat are salads.

The point of Salad Week is not to lose a bunch of weight in a week, but to learn to like vegetables. I will be posting daily on the progress including a weight counter just to see how it's going. So for tonight... greasy awesome tacos. Tomorrow night... grilled chicken salad. MMM.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger jill said...

i must preface this statement by saying that i am against any and all diets.

that said, i used to gag on/hate vegetables too. now i love them. i don't know when it happened exactly. i know i didn't do it by force-feeding them to myself. but one day, i just like vegetables. my mom was right. good luck, paul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home