Monday, March 14, 2005

Achin' for spring like a junky for a fix

Well this weekend turned out a little differently than I had planned. We left for Rockford about 6 Friday night and got bombarded with one hell of a snowstorm. It took us an hour to get to Rosendale (normally about 20 minutes), and passed a huge accident featuring a semi jack-knifed in someone's front yard, about 6 cars in ditches, and one car with the entire front end smashed flat. The 2 1/2 hour drive turned into 4 hours, and so Friday night was pretty much wrecked. Saturday I got fitted for my tux finally and did some other running around with Sarah and my parents. I apologize to Brian, Dub C, and Marcus, all of whom I planned to get together with. However, with Friday night down the shitter, when we had planned to have dinner and play games with my parents, we ended up doing that Saturday night. I wish I could have seen everyone too, but things have been crazy for my parents lately and I couldn't just ditch out on plans. So sorry. We're gonna try to come down around Easter so we'll hopefully see you all then.

Otherwise, pretty uneventful weekend. Like I said, we ran around and did some shopping. Ate some Chipotle. My desktop computer is finally fixed, which is nice cause I've just been using my laptop for the past few months and that gets to be a pain. So we got a cheap computer desk and filing cabinet, to bring up to our place. I got the desk all together yesterday, and my computer set up. Unfortunately, we don't have room to have my drums set up anymore, but even with the silencer pads, I still couldn't really practice because of the vibrations of being on the second floor. Anyways, that's about it. Saw The Wandering Sons last night, then hung out at the Jazz Orgy at Peabody's for a couple hours. Poker tonite. Then bed. Then work tomorrow. Argh.

I also realized that I could completely understand if no one wanted to read my blog. Gorski has the craziest stories of trips and travels, Mike Pape has the most humorous blog, and I have boring stories about work.

Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home