Friday, February 25, 2005

triple ratamacue

anyone know what a triple ratamacue is without searching the internet for it?

Anyways, I was thinking about this today. Have you ever noticed that sometimes your not ready for some kinds of music/artists... I was thinking, when I first got Love and Theft shortly after it was released, I didn't really like it that much. I was kinda just getting into Dylan and I just wanted acoustic social conscious folk songs. But now I love it. The same thing goes for Tom Waits. When Brian first showed me some stuff of his, I really didn't like it at all. Now I like all of it. It's just strange. That happens so much with me. Anyone have any similar experiences? Any certain artist/style of music?

I don't know. Before I thought this was really interesting and I could go on and on talking about it. But now I don't know if it's all that interesting. I think I just don't want to blog and IM you all to talk. I wanna talk in person. I'll have to arrange that.

4 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger MR. A said...

yearh paul when i first heard spacehog i didn't like them that much, but man now is that one cd great.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Danny said...

Bob Marley. Didn't really care for the cut of his gib the first time I heard it; sounded too...magic watery. Ha.
By the way, have you read "Chronicles" yet? I checked out the audio edition, or audiobook, as read by Sean Penn from my local library last time I was home. Good...listen, I guess. But there is a bit on Love and Theft (mainly how he went about writing the songs and recording it all). Interesting bit. You should check it out...you do work at a library after all. Take care.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I've had that happen a lot of times. Blonde on Blonde is a good example...didn't really like it until Christmas of my Sophomore year of college. Still not as hot on that one as I am on other dylan albums, but every once in a while when I put it on, I notice more things that make the former me look crazy. Coincidentally I listened to it today, and I did like it even more, though I don't care for the first song, outside of the fact that it must have pissed off people who didn't want to hear a crazy new orleans horn section. I can almost always dig a crazy nawlin's horn section. Zatarains!

Danny only likes bob dylan now because of the sweet, sweet chiba. Don't lie, Dan. Patrick and Chuck told me.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Whoop, I meant that Danny likes Marley because of the reefer. Danny, to his credit, listened to dylan before me. And was the first guy I called crazy for liking Blonde on Blonde. Sorry, Dan. I take that one back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home