Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Nobody's up 'cept the moon and me

Shit, Tom Waits is awesome. I always get a kick out of listening to him at work. I'll put in something like Small Change and it will start off with Tom Traubert's Blues, and so I'll kinda turn it up a little, cause it's "pretty" and no one's really gonna complain. Then it works it's way to Step Right Up and eventually Pasties and a G-String, and it's just so funny to make everyone listen to that. No complaints yet though. Although one of the girls that works in the office listens to AllSaints, Jon Secada, and a "hot" mix with Soak Up The Sun and some Smash Mouth songs on it, amongst others. Fucking Secada. Whew. So it's 1:30 and everyone is gone for the day. Well not everyone. Just everyone that works around me. I've been working on putting another Board report on the internet all morning, and will continue to do that, along with wasting a little time cause, shit, if I don't do it a little here and there, I'll have to do it all afternoon. Sounds like a three smoke break afternoon. Which doesn't help my efforts to scale back the smoking. Unfortunately, since yesterday afternoon I've only done two of the things on my list (smoke and eat). In my defense, a lot of the things I have to wait to do until I get paid Thursday. Let me tell you what... Having a "payday" is a nice feeling. To know that you'll be able to buy gas and food and pay bills and then maybe have a little left over, it's nice. Nice to not worry where the money is going to come from. It's nice, I'll leave it at that.

In other news

I've learned Dreamweaver like a mother. Easy shit. Learned Quick Books too. Not hard. Not all that hard at least.
I'm working on Valentine's plans. Unfortunately I have a couple of bills that are past due so I won't be able to splurge. Dinner and a gift probably will be it. Might go to a movie too, we'll see.
Two weekends ago I went with Sarah to her friend Rory's birthday party. I ended up jamming most of the night with some guys. Two of them were pretty good. Just average mess around stuff, but I'm probably gonna get together and play with them again. It's nice to be playing music again and enjoying it. One of the guys I played with is this big dude that plays bass (upright and electric) and does all kinds of shit, from jazz to funk to rock to polka. He's actually really good. His "polka" group is named Burt Klein Jazz Vampyre and his Archestra of the Undead. Mark Powers (plays with the Wandering Sons now sometimes) plays with them. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

I think this afternoon I'm gonna look for some CD's and DVD's to check out, do some work, then go home. More to come.

(Now listening to: Tom Waits Closing Time)

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger MR. A said...

i amm so excited you are posting again. I guess i could call but that takes work. but so does typing. hmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home