Monday, February 07, 2005

Ode to Brian

No Brian's not dead. Being inspired by Brian, I decided I should post again, and make promises that I'm going to try really hard to post more often, and probably falter again. However, that's what I'm doing. Plus it should be easier now. I have a job, but I'm by a computer all day, and it's not like I slack off, I just get things done right away instead of taking the whole day to do them. So now, I'm sitting here with an hour and three minutes before I get off work with everything done for the day. For now. Here are some other things, besides blogging, that I know I need to do, and am earnestly working at doing.

1. Getting to Rockford to see everyone/get fitted for my tuxedo for Marcus' wedding
2. Making my coffee table*
3. Calling people. I honestly try from time to time, and make myself feel guilty about being a bad friend. I love you all.
4. Listen to The Cure. I have one CD. It's a greatest hits or something (I know, I know) and I'm trying to decide if I like them. I know I'm probably supposed to, and some parts I do. Just have to make my mind up for sure.
5. Convincing Sarah (girlfriend, not sister) that The Pogues and Morrissey are both very good. She does love the new Elliott Smith though, even knows the words.
6. Figure out if I should work slower so I have stuff to do all day, or continue getting things done quickly.
7. Hang the pictures in the bathroom that we bought this weekend.
8. Eat.
9. Smoke.

Alright, the list is over. Turns out I'm just hungry and want a cigarette. On a side note, Brian and Dan if either of you read this, you should come visit. Anyone else too, it's just they have come up before. And Texas is far from here (I don't know if Jill or Mike even read this {I don't know if anyone reads this}).

The new Morrissey record is really good.You Are The Quarry. Dean(o) Butterworth from (sometimes) Ben Harper's band plays on it. For three dollars more than the regular edition I got the special edition with bonus songs and a DVD. Pretty sweet.

I should get going. I hope someone reads this. Bye.

*I'm making my coffee table. It's not all that interesting, but some of you might wonder what I'm doing. Most of you won't. If you want to know, I'll tell you next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home