Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's me, or Iggy Pop

Being today is Staff Training Day which I am neither a part of, nor able to stay home for, I figure it is time for a proper post. First of all, let me explain. You see, I work AT the library. But I work FOR the library system. Today is staff training day for the LIBRARY. So I am not a part of it. However, since I have no sick time and no vacation, I have to be here. I probably will have about an hours worth of work to do over the course of the day- plus sitting around for 30-45 minute periods letting a book club, two speakers, and a pizza guy in since the building is locked up. So there for, I'm pacing myself. The nice thing about being here alone is I can listen to music at a normal volume, instead of so quiet that when the air kicks in, I have to pump up the volume. So it's just me and Bob right now.

Which reminds me of a story. First of all, I brought Bob Dylan "Chronicles" to work today, in case I have time to read. Well now go a few weeks back. My parents were up visiting, and I had told them about Staff Training Day and how I'd probably be bored most of the day. I mentioned I was going to bring a book to work, to which they all about shit themselves laughing. I still feel like this was uncalled for. As anyone who has ever visited a library knows, they don't always have what you want. Granted I'm not in the middle of anything and I could probably find something to read, I didn't want to search around all day. I have plenty of books at home that I want to read, so why not bring one. Comments were made about me being a genius. I think they were being sarcastic.

So I'm a loser and I've become obsessed with Project Runway on bravo. It's not the worst show ever, but it's nothing to literally write home about. It is worth writing here about though. If you don't know the show, 12 designers compete to have a fashion show in New York and start their own line. As you can guess, it's sort of like Queer Eye meets Survivor meets Real World. The cat fights just get better and better. So anyways, next week is the finally, and last night was the "let's get everyone together and try to make someone cry" show. It worked to the point of someone walking off. But in her defense, she is an annoying Brit bitch. Well anyways, I guess there's not much to say about it. Just enjoy watching it. I'm not at the blogging level of Mike Pape so I can't go on and on recalling details and sounding educated and humorous, so I'll just stop.

Well it's nearly time to let the book club in, so go in peace. Mannone. Out.

*sidenote: I'm trying to decide if I want to litter my blog posts with links or not. It's sort of fun, sort of not. We'll see, won't we.

*sidenote 2: It Ryan Seacrest would just let everyone that gets voted off punch him in the face, I might not hate him so much. Of course, if Ryan Seacrest was replaced by Andrew W.K. he might let himself get punched in the face from everyone. That would be awesome. "Dog, we're gonna party hard" (Randy Jackson's voice). Fucking pop culture ruining me.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I was going to post and say that I'd watch pretty much anything Andrew W.K. hosted, punches in the face or no. But I can tell you this, I don't even think he could make me watch American Idol for long. One word: Crapfestival.

Also, note This Show which was, from what I saw, awesome.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger MR. A said...

paul i must say you look exactly like the one guy on project runway. I think you know who i am talking about. Also did you end up making the tux siding yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home