Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Men reading fashion magazines

Well, I’m back from Rockford and back at work. The whole weekend was a lot of fun. It was really late by the time we got in Thursday night, so there wasn’t a whole lot of activity that night. Friday was preparation day. I had to get my tux (which I found out later was missing the pink hanky), buy Marcus and Holly their present (I did get you the picnic basket), and go shopping with Sarah for an outfit for her to wear to the wedding. Scrap this. I was going to tell you all about the whole weekend, but decided many of you were there for most of it, so you know. If there is an immense public outcry, I will bore you with all the minute details of the weekend. I would have just erased everything up to here, but I wanted Marcus to see how I had bamboozled him into thinking I hadn’t gotten the picnic basket. I also realize that I misused bamboozled, but I really wanted to work that word into this post.

I watched Alfie and The Dark Crystal last night. Thoroughly enjoyed both. Alfie was better than I think most people thought it would be. It was entertaining and all, but it was shot really interestingly. It also has a lot of great music- most of the soundtrack is Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, and a few others. I would definitely see it if you can find it free at your public library. Or borrow it from someone. Or just rent it. I don’t know if it’s a buy-it-before-you-see it movie, but it’s definitely see it if you might possibly like it movie. The Dark Crystal is… well I’m assuming most of you have seen it. It’s Jim Henson on something. Strange, but alright. I’m not the biggest fan of the whole fantasy/crazy puppetry that was great for it’s time/made up creatures kind of movie, but it was good.

Also, Epth is being threatened. I don’t know if this is news to anyone else, but apparently Zach Braff (Scrubs, Garden State) has a blog. It’s one of the two funniest blogs I’ve read, in constant battle for #1 with Epth (Epth is updated more frequently, and well, I know Mike, but Zach Braff is ridiculously funny). I swear he must be a cross between his character on Scrubs and his character in Garden State. More on this later, including a challenge to Brian.

Also, before I get back to pretending like I’m working for the sake of everyone I work with (I’m not slacking off, there’s nothing to do, but I feel bad about having nothing to do)… It rained a little bit ago. I went out for a cigarette and found that it had recently stopped raining, and before that it had recently begun raining. Unfortunately, I did not know it was raining, and therefore it would be a logical conclusion that my car will be wet when I get done with work. I didn’t bother going to check, as it seems the rain has ended, and I can’t do much about it now. Every time I’m hoping for a storm, it passes right by, but when I don’t want it to rain, it does. More about this later, if I remember. I actually have a lot to write right now, but I’m not really in the mood and this is probably long enough. Hopefully I’ll remember it all later.
Note to self: Not as many worms in Oshkosh as Rockford.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mike Pape said...

You know, Paul, blogging isn't a competition, though if it was, I would be the winner.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Paul said...

That's kinda what I was thinking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home