Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Some times you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you

If you read the title to this post and didn't know that "bear" was pronounced "bar," Dan McMahon will probably punch you in the crotch until you watch The Big Lebowski. If he tells you he wants to come over to feed your dolphins, you're entering a world of pain.

Two more days of work before the weekend. I'm ready for it though. It kinda sucks because there's so much happening in this next four or five weeks, mostly on weekends, that the days go slow. And I do feel bad wishing the days away, I'm just excited to get to Rockford for the wedding and my mom's birthday. I'm excited to move, though the prospect of doing the moving is a little less than exciting. Here's what my month basically looks like...

6/8-6/9 Work
6/9 Take Sarah to Driver's class (she had an old OWI- that's a DUI in Rockford, Operating While Intoxicated, long story... finally taking the classes to get her license back)
6/9 Really damn late... Drive to Rockford
6/10 Last fitting for tux... Get other stuff taken care of... Rehearsal dinner... Party
6/11 Wedding... Party
6/12 Mom's 50th Birthday
6/13 Drive back to Oshkosh
6/14 Work... Take Sarah to Driver's class
6/15-18 Work
6/16 Driver's class
6/18-24 Pack, get ready to move
6/20-21 Work
6/21 Drive class
6/22 Off
6/23-24 Work
6/23 Drive class
6/24-26 Move
6/27-7/1 Work
6/28,30 Driver's class
7/2 Pontoon boat with some friends
7/1-7/4 Sawdust days (kinda like the Waterfront or a fair or something, from what I understand)
7/4 No work, 4th of July
7/5 Work
7/6 Off
7/7-8 Work
7/8-10 Parent's coming to visit
7/11-15 Work
7/16 Go to Baraboo for my Grandma's 80th Birthday

So that's my next month or so... Not too many off days, but I guess thats good. My weekends are pretty much shot to shit until 7/23-24, not that I'm not willing and excited to do all of this. It will just be nice to get some down time in there too. Plus if we do become apartment managers there will probably be a bunch to learn/do throughout July and maybe daily stuff. But it's worth it if we get free rent. That would honestly be life-changing, to be able to pay off bills and save some money. I believe it will all work out.

On a side note, if you all don't know, the new The Wandering Sons record is going to be fantastic. I'm glad I left, because Mark Powers is exactly what they needed. And I'm not very good. Whoop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home