Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Holy everloving shi...

Geez. It's been almost a week since I posted. I'm really sucking this up. Although, I have been pretty busy for the past few weeks. Here's some quick news for you.

Move went well, still getting unpacked. E-mail me if you want the address to send me a postcard or something.

Got new cell phone. New cell phone started sucking. New cell phone sucks all the way now. The mic is apparently broken or some shit, cause it's not working at all. New new phone coming today. Better phone.

Got (sun)burned pretty badly Saturday on a pontoon boat. Swam a lot. Fell asleep early.

Saw Dan, Trish, Brian, Dan, Cory, Rick, Jay, Ashley, Mark, Miles, and others on Sunday. Her Majestey's Ship- better than I expected. The Wandering Sons own the world. By the way, Dan, you can use that quote ("The Wandering Sons own the world."). It's cool. New EP really good. Damn, so good.

Might be getting a practice space finally to ease my insanity. It sucks not playing (drums) at all. Whoop.

Parents coming to visit this weekend.

So that's about all the news that matters. Watched Garden State again last night. Own it now. It's so good. Watched the first season of Scrubs once since I bought it. Started it again over the weekend. So good.

Been listening to a lot of music lately. New White Stripes=unfuckingbelievable. Need to get some more CD's. Should find out this week about free rent. If we do get free rent, I'll finally be able to get caught up on some of the "I can't believe you don't have that" records I need. Also, from the window in the office here at work I can see some of the CD shelves. One CD in particular stands out (it's bigger, actually a box-set of sorts). It's called "From Where I Stand: The Black Experience in Country Music." I think I'm going to check it out today. Which reminds me, I saw Ghost World the other night too. Pretty good. If you've seen it, sweet. If not, worth seeing, especially renting it for free from your local library.

I need to put the new The White Stripes (Get Behind Me Satan) and The Wandering Sons (Darken Your Door EP) discs on my iPod. Gotta take some stuff off the iPod. Gotta find the next record that blows my mind. Get Behind Me Satan blew my mind, that's for sure. But I listened to it maybe too much for about 10 days. Not that it doesn't own, but I want to find another record that destroys me. Let me know what you think. That's it for now...

In the immortal words of me... More later.

Now playing: (it was The Shins "Chutes Too Narrow" during much of this post but now it's going to be... Leadbelly's Last Session- all four discs)

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger DannnnnMCMAhonnnnnnn said...

damn paul. for some reason that post made me want to hang out with you more. i mean, i have the best oppourtuniy to hang out with you since we live the closest. we should do dinner once a week or something. damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home